Saturday, May 16, 2015

Mason Jar Candle Holders

We did this a little while back. I had these jars from Walmart that I had bought ages ago, and I had no idea what to do with them. Then I came across something really cool on Pinterest that I wanted to try!
Things You'll Need:
Wood (2)
Mason Jars (2)
Jute
Hooks (2)
Photo Frame Hangers (2)
Nails (2)
Candles (2)
Scissors
Sand
Hardware (Should Be Included with Hooks & Hangers) 
I found these two boards already pre-cut at Hobby Lobby in their clearance section. They were $1.99 each. That's how this project even began. (You can obviously buy the wood at Lowes or Home Depot and cut it yourself if need be) But finding these 2 boards already cut (Each board was 12 inches long & 5 inches wide) is what got this project rolling for me.


First thing we did was measure down each board to decide where we were going to put the hook and the photo frame hangers.
(We did an inch down)


He marked it with a pencil.


The mark is where we screwed the hook & hangers in.
These jars came with a wire hanger. But I didn't want to use that. So I took some jute and tied it around the wire that was on the jar. (If you don't want to do this or can't, you can actually buy wire hangers at a craft store. Michael's sells them with mason jar lids)


After the hangers and hooks were screwed into the wood and the jute was tied, we hung them on nails.
This is the final product!




This is at night with the curtains closed.


This is during the day with the curtains opened.


I think they turned out really pretty. My Mammaw liked them so much I ended up giving them to her. So we'll have to make more for our bedroom. But it's such a simple project if you can find the wood pieces already pre-cut (Not that it's hard to cut the pieces but if you don't have the tools this makes it really easy!) Have a great weekend. :)

-Ashli

No comments:

Post a Comment